Closing Date for ALL THREE: 29 February 2016
1. SA Military
The Department of Defence is proud to offer this opportunity to the South African youth with the main purposes of promoting and enhancing the concept of Nation building. We are also serving National interest by encouraging our youth to develop a common South African Identity through exposure to military norms and customs. The emphasis will mainly be on discipline development, empowerment and global competitiveness. The SA Military Health Services is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a 2 year period. These training and development opportunities will be constituted by means of a voluntary Military Skills Development System (MSDS) period of two years in order to equip young South Africans with market related skills.
Potential Applicants may apply for the following two year training opportunities.
Animal Health General Training (Dog handlers and Veterinary Orderlies)— Animal Health perform basic animal care, their primary duties include assisting with surgical procedures, dressing wounds and collecting specimens. The SAMHS is also responsible for the training of the SANDF Dog Handlers and recruits can be trained in this field. Graduates, Learners that completed Grade I 2 or learners still busy with Grade 12 may apply.
Chemical Biological Radiation Defence (CBRD) — This mustering involves activities and actions to defend against Chemical Biological Radiation weapons. This includes protection, detection and decontamination.
Physical Training Instructors (PTSR) — This mustering ¡s responsible for maintaining the fitness levels required for all uniform members. PTSR training takes place at the Joint Physical Training Sport and Recreation School in Pretoria. The duration of this learning opportunity is approximately 3 months. Applicants must be proficient In English.
Patient Administration — This mustering is responsible for the administration of patients including reception personnel, account administration, maintenance of patient files and capturing of patient records electronically. Computer literacy, good communication and Interpersonal skills are essential.
Subsequent to the reporting of successful Applicants for military training, recruits can then be considered for the under mentioned developmental opportunities and tertiary training and will be selected for the said opportunities during the two year Military Skills Development System (MSDS) training. PLEASE NOTE that training in any of these fields cannot be guaranteed and will be subject to availability and further selection criteria
PHARMACY ASSISTANT – The pharmacy assistant training program is designed to provide broad knowledge of pharmacy practice with the aim of assisting in the performance of daily repetitive tasks and provide support to the pharmacist in the practice of a pharmacy. Applicants who wish to join this mustering need Grade 12 certificate or learners still busy with Grade 12 with English Level 4, Mathematics Level 4, Life Science Level 4 and Physical Science Level 4 as compulsory subjects.
MBCHB The degree qualifies successful students to be medical doctors. .Subsequent to successful completion of the degree, Medical Doctors are employed mainly in Military Hospitals, Sickbays and Clinics that may include facilities in rural areas, Applicants must also note that the SAMHS deploy medical doctors for support to military operational deployments including peacekeeping in Africa. Applicants will need a Grade 12 certificate or learners still busy with Grade 12 with university exemption, English Level 6, Mathematics Level 6, Physical Science Level 6 and Life Science Level 6 as compulsory subjects, and a minimum APS of 36.
NURSING DIPLOMA – Nursing is a healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families and so they may attain, maintain or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. Applicants will Grade 12 certificate or learners still busy with Grade 12 with university exemption, English Level 4, Mathematics and Life Science Level 4 as compulsory subjects, and a minimum APS of 24.
VETERINARY SCIENCE (VETERINARY SURGEON) – The degree qualifies successful students to be Veterinary Applicants will need a Grade 12 certificate or learners still busy with Grade 12 with university exemption, 6, Mathematics Level 6, Physical Science Level 6 and Life Science Level 6 as compulsory subjects, and a minimum of APS of 3.
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
Administrative enquiries can be directed to the SAMHS Recruitment Office at (012) 671 5171/5828. If you are interested in the Military Skills Development System in the SA Military Health Services, please complete the coupon with the requested documentation enclosed and post it to: SAMHS Recruitment Office, Department of Defence, SA Military Health Services, Private Bag X102, Centurion, 0046.
APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECTED TO PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION, VETTING ON CRIMINAL RECORD AND VERIFICATION OF QUALIFICATIONS DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS.
Please note: All applicants must comply with the following:
- Applicants must comply with health assessment requirements for appointment in the SANDF.
- Applicants must be accepted by a Military Selection Board and ascribe to the Military Code of Conduct.
- Applicants must be younger than 23 years of age and Graduates up to the age of 25.
- Applicants must be SA Citizens (compulsory).
- Applicants must have no record of criminal offence or any pending case.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo Basic Military Training for a period of 6 months, further Functional Training and serve in uniform within the RSA and abroad.
- Applicants must be willing not to be area bounded.
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLWONG CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of ID
- Copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- A Short CV
- Copy of highest achieved qualification (eg Degree or National diploma)
It an applicant did not receive any response by 31 October 2016 application as unsuccessful.
How To Apply
Kindly complete the application form with the requested documents & post to:
South African National Defence Force
Office of the Surgeon General
Private Bag X161
2. The SA Army
The SA Army, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform over a two-year period. The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
MSDS Candidates will be appointed in a specific corps career and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, Corps Functional Training, in the first year and be utilized and deployed in the second year of the MSDS.
- No dual citizenship. Be a SA Citizen ONLY
- MSDS Applicants must be between the ages of 18-22 years
- MSDS Graduates up to the age of 25 years
- Successfully completed Grade 12
- Not be area bound
- Have no record of criminal offence
- Preferably Single
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the SANDF
- Be prepared to serve in uniform, undergo Basic Military and Functional Training
NB: During the selection, the applicant will be subject to Psychometric Test; -Medical Evaluation; Vetting on criminal record and Verification of qualifications.
The SA Army’s mandate focuses on the provisioning of combat ready forces and plays a leading role in landward operations. Training will be decentralized to operational units where members will be appointed to undergo Basic Military Training, Corps training and deployment.
MSDS applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 22 to be considered. Applicants who are in possession of a post Grade 12 qualification (Degree, Diploma or N6) must be between the ages of 18 to 25 may also be considered.
Successful applicants will be required to serve in uniform and undergo Military Training. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Only applicants who have passed Grade 12 may apply and must not be older than the age as stipulated above on the date of reporting for training. Certified copies of ID document, Grade 12 certificate or Post grade 12 qualifications and CV must accompany this application form to SA Army Recruiting, Private Bag X 981, Pretoria 0001.
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS Administrative enquiries can be directed to the SA Army Recruitment Center at (012) 355 1438 or (012) 355 1420.
How To Apply
If you are interested in the Military Skills Development System in the SA Army, please complete the coupon with the requested documentation enclosed and post it to SA Army HQ, Dir Army HR, SA Army Recruiting Centre, Private Bag X 981, Pretoria, 0001. Specific related enquiries can be directed to (012) 355 1420 or (012) 355 1438. Further information can be obtained on www.dod.mil.za, www.army.mil.za
Should you not hear from the Department of Defence by 31 October 2016 please assume that you application has been unsuccessful. The Department of Defence reserves the right to employment.
3. The SA Navy
The SA Navy is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a two-year period. The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
All applicants must comply with the following:
- South African Citizen (Relinquish any other citizenship).
- Have no record of criminal offences.
- Not be area bound.
- Preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
Minimum Requirements for Applicants with Matric only:
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects.
- Engineering and Technical applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects
Requirements for Graduates:
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree, National Diploma or N6 with a Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with relevant support (Human Resource and Logistics) qualifications
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS
- Copy of ID
- Copy of Matric Certificate
- A Short CV
- Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 Certificate)
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4000. If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form with the requested documents & post to: Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Centre) Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
How To Apply
- Kota Inn – The Business Idea to get you started (The Famous Kota Sandwich)
- WHATSAPP APPLES – What’s the deal with women and colourful apples on Whatsapp as Profile Pictures
- Vodacom’s Yebo Millionaires finally comes to an end after 12 Years
- SA Powerball Results – Friday 07 April 2017
- Pick 3 Results – Sunday 02 April 2017
52 total views, 1 today