|Since||2002 – to date|
|Agent||bonangmatheba.com for info|
Yes, our very own B* – was born in the North West province of South Africa.
Although we only knew queen B from the live show on SABC 1, she actually started her television career in 2002 at the age of 15 as a presenter on a show called Manhattan’s Fantasy Challenge. which aired on SABC 2.
According to her Website
Bonang Matheba’s talent, work ethic and determination commands attention.
As one of the four brand ambassadors for international cosmetics brand, Revlon, Bonang made history in June 2013 as the ONLY Face of Revlon outside of the United States Of America, joining Halle Berry, Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone. A WORLD FIRST for Revlon.
She is the owner of Bonang Matheba Entertainment, Presenter on SA’s Daily Lifestyle/Talkshow offering ‘Afternoon Express’ and also plays host on SA’s Premier Lifestyle Show Top Billing, Presenter of Clash Of The Choirs South Africa and on-air presenter of the popular radio show,“The Front Row’ on Metro FM. Weekdays 10am -12; boasting 6,7 million listeners in South Africa.
Bonang regularly shares the stage with well respected international and local performers as a Master of Ceremonies, hosting events such as the Sentebale Gala Dinner in the presence of Prince Harry Of Wales (2013), the Sunday Times Generation Next Awards, the recent E! Entertainment Brand Evolution Celebration Event, the Brutal Fruit campaign with the Kardashian sisters, The 17th Annual MTN South African Music Awards, The 2014 Inaugural South African Of The Year Awards, The Channel O Africa Music Awards, The Glamour Women Of The Year Awards, The GQ Best Dressed Men Of The Year Awards, AFI Africa Fashion Awards, Trey Songz Concert, 50 Cent and G-Unit Concert and was the youngest host of the Metro FM Music Awards, speaking to over four million viewers.
In 2008 Bonang launched her first clothing range with Legit, called Just B and followed that up in 2009 with her own range of trendy handbags called Baby Star. She now has a lingerie line, Bonang For Distraction, with premium retailer Woolworths which launched in January 2014.
With fashion being one of her many passions, Bonang has quickly become a South African Style icon; winning numerous prestigious awards including the SA Style Icon Of The Year at the 2015 SA Style Awards, Female Continental Style Influencer Of The Year 2015 at the Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards in Uganda, A GSport Style Star and has COVERED international fashion magazines like the July 2013 Cosmopolitan South Africa, Elle (October 2012), Grazia (March 2014), FHM (June 2011) ,Cleo (March 2012) and recently, the December 2014 issue of Glamour Magazine South Africa.
In 2012, she was named a Glamour Woman Of The Year by international women’s magazine Glamour after winning an online poll and beating some of SA’s A-list celebs. And in March 2014, was named one of the most Glamourous Women In South Africa by Glamour Magazine.
In 2015, she walked away with the Favourite South African Radio DJ at the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards in Los Angeles and nominated at the MTV Africa Music Awards for African Personality Of The Year. She also walked away with the Star Power Award at the African Women Awards in Zimbabwe and was named one of Africa’s Most Powerful Women In Media by New Africa Magazine in December 2015.
In 2011, she became the 1st South African celebrity to launch an online reality show, called B*Dazzled, it has become a very popular portal for all her adoring fans. To watch, click on the ‘blog’ tab.
Bonang is not one to rest on her laurels, making the time to serve as an Ambassodor for the Nelson Mandela International Day and does monthly mentoring sessions and motivation talks to young women across the country. Her most recent work: speaking at the Glamour Magazine Women’s Day Celebration.
2013 saw Bonang starring in the award winning documentary Intersexions Season 2 which debuted on SABC 1 in February 2013.
- Global brand Ambassador for Revlon Cosmetics
- Presenter of Afternoon Express, daily Talkshow on SABC 3
- Presenter on SA’s Premiere Lifestyle and Magazine Show – Top Billing, SABC 3
- Radio DJ: The Front Row, 10am-12, weekdays. Metro FM
- African Woman Of The Year, New African Woman Magazine, December 2015
- SA Style Icon Of The Year- SA Style Awards, November 2015
- Female Continental Style Influencer Of The Year, Abryanz Fashion Awards (Uganda), Nov. 2015
- Star Power Award Winner, African Women Awards (Zimbabwe) Nov, 2015
- Digital Influencer Of The Year, Channel 24 Social Media Awards, Nov 2015
- Winner: Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2015 (Best South African Radio Dj)
- Nominee: African Personality Of The Year, 2015 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Nominee: South African Film And Television Awards 2015 (Best TV Presenter)
- Judge: SABC 3 Presenter Search 2015
- Judge: Miss South Africa Pageant 2014
- Biggest Digital Influencer in Southern Africa: Over 2 million followers (FB & Twitter & Instagram)
- Most Stylish Female Celebrity in South Africa: You Spectacular Awards 2014
- Most Glamorous South African Celebrity : Glamour Magazine 2014
- 1st Black Local Star to cover Glamour SA, December 2014
- Forbes List: 13 African Celebrities To Watch In 2013
- 10 of South Africa’s Most Powerful Women: Bona Magazine 2014
- New African Magazine: Top 50 African Trailblazers in 2013
- Favourite TV Presenter In South Africa – You Spectacular Awards, July 2013
- Glamour Magazine’s Woman Of The Year Reader’s Choice Award Winner – July 2012
- South Africa’s Coolest Female TV Star – Sunday Times Generation Next Survey
- The Most Stylish Media Personality – SA Style Awards
- Most Stylish Female Personality – Feather Awards
- One of the Most Influential Young South African’s in Media – The Mail & Guardian Newspaper
- First Black South African Celebrity to grace the cover of FHM Magazine (June 2011)
- Cosmopolitan Magazine Cover Star (July 2013)
- Grazia Magazine South Africa (June 2013)
- Elle Magazine Cover Star (October 2012)
- First Local Star to grace the cover of International magazine, Cleo (October 2011)
- Inaugural Inductee: Africa’s First ‘Walk Of Fame”, July 2015
- “The Queen Of South African Media’- People Magazine, 2015
Bonang’s fearless and eclectic sense of style has earned her the unique status of Cover Girl and Fashion Icon. She has been featured on various magazine covers, from Seventeen and FHM South Africa, July 2013 cover of Cosmopolitan South Africa, the October 2012 issue of Elle Magazine South Africa, a collaboration with Louis Vuitton,the 1st Birthday Issue of Grazia South Africa (May 2013) and in December 2014, became the first black local star to cover Glamour Magazine South Africa.
City Press Newspaper named her the Most Stylish Celebrity in South Africa- (January 2014) and in May 2014, won the Most Stylish Female Celebrity at the YOU Spectacular Awards
And in November 2015, saw her receive the highest honour in the SA Fashion Industry- the 2015 SA Style Icon of the year at the SA Style Awards.
Bonang marked her start in fashion, in 2008, with her sold out “Just B” clothing range, released at 136 stores countrywide, in collaboration with the Legit brand. She is currently the face of Gert Johan Coetzee’s Haute Couture line and also designs her own range of handbags called Baby Star.
She has collaborated with Woolworths South Africa, to design her very first lingerie line. Bonang For Distractions will be available nationwide from January 24th 2014. Her new collection launches January 12th 2016.
This fashion entrepreneur keeps you turning the pages – check out :
- Seventeen Magazine : Voted ‘The Most Stylish South African Female Celebrity’
- Winner of the G-Sport Style Star Award
- You Magazine : YOU Spectacular Awards Nomination : ‘Sexiest Women of the Year 2009’ and 2011
- FHM: Featured as “Miss January” n the 2011 FHM Calender, shot at the Bazaruto Islands of Mozambique
B’s electric on-screen presence is undeniable, but she is no over-night success story.
She had been appearing in youth and educational programmes from the age of 15 when she came to the media’s attention with her breakout performances on SABC1’s music show “LIVE”, almost four years ago, entertaining seven million viewers weekly, with her energetic and fast-paced presenting style, moving from English to Setswana with ease.
Now presenter on South Africa’s daily Talkshow Afternoon Express and premiere Lifestyle and Magazine Show, Top Billing- Bonang has been described as “the best female presenter to ever come out of SA”. In July 2013, she won the YOU Spectacular Award of the night- The Best TV Presenter In South Africa.
Bonang’s loyal fan base were behind her in full force, when she presented the Sports Magazine programme, Tjovitjo during the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup and hosted World Cup Live on Supersport International during the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
She has recently launched her online reality show called, B*Dazzled- which sees B inviting you into her glamorous and incredibly stylish life…(see blog tab)
In 2013, she also appeared in the popular award winning documentary, Intersexions 2 in February and hosted the brand new reality singing competition, Clash Of The Choirs South Africa on Mzansi Magic.
In 2015, she will be working on two brand new tv productions with her production company, Bonang Matheba Entertainment
Top Billing, Thursday nights at 19h30 on SABC 3
Afternoon Express, Weekdays at 16h00 on SABC 3
Thursday evenings – 7:30 on SABC 3
Bonang’s charming personality and quick wit ensures that much more than her gorgeous smile keeps us tuned in – she is sought after as a popular Radio Presenter and Voice-over Artist.
April 2014, saw her joining the largest commercial radio station in South Africa- she hosts her own radio show called The Front Row, weekday mornings from 10-12. Boasting 6,7 million listeners.
Bonang has developed an impressive list of clients that request her as a Master of Ceremonies and Event Hostess, on a regular basis. She has a natural ease in front of a live audience, whether she is sharing the stage with local and international stars such as Gareth Cliff at the YOU Spectacular Awards 2011 or 50 Cent at the G-Unit Concert, (2009), enjoying the limelight at the recent Brutal Fruit Launch with Kim Kardashian, or hosting the BIGGEST musical celebration in the country with Phat Joe, The 17th Annual MTN South African Music Awards.
In February 2014, she was chosen as host for the Sentebale Gala Dinner in the presence of His Royal Highness Prince Henry Of Wales and His Royal Highness Prince Seeiso Bereng Seeiso Of Lesotho at Summerplace in Sandton. UK newspaper, The Telegraph described her ‘as the most glamorous host ever’.
She has made a mark on the history charts as the youngest person to host the 9th Annual Metro FM Music Awards and in 2014 hosted the Inaugural South African Of The Year Awards, and for the first time in her career, hosted the Channel O Music Video Awards on November 17th 2012 which where broadcast to over 40 African countries.
- Cosmopolitan Magazine Sexiest Man Of The Year Event 2016
- Master Chef SA’s Restaurant Launch
- Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- E! Entertainment Kardashian Season 7 Event
- E! Entertainment Brand Evolution Celebration
- Sunday Times Generation Next Awards
- AFI Africa Fashion Awards
- The GQ Best Dressed Men Of The Year Awards
- The Trey Songz Concert
- Prince Lindani’s Benefit Concert (Swaziland)
- Fairlady Fashion Awards
- Annual Durban July Fashion Show
Glamour Magazine Cover
Bonang Matheba announce on Instagram on Monday November 17, 2014 – that she will be on cover of the December 2014 issue of the Glamour South Africa Magazine.
|2015||Presenter Search on 3||Herself||Judge|
|2014||South African Film and Television Awards||Herself||Red Carpet Host, Award Show|
|2014||Miss South Africa 57||Herself||Judge, Beauty Pageant|
|2013||Intersexions||Seipati||Guest Appearance TV Drama|
|2013 -to date
||Clash of the Choirs SA
||Herself||Host, Singing Competition|
|2012||MTV Base VJ Search||Herself||Judge|
|2012 – to date||Top Billing||Herself||Presenter, Lifestyle Show|
|2012||Channel O Music Video Awards 9||Herself||Host, Awards Show|
|2011||South African Music Awards 17||Herself||Host, Awards Show|
|2011||Tropika Island of Treasure 3: Thailand||Herself||Celebrity Contestant|
|2010||South African Music Awards 16||Herself||Host, Awards Show|
|2008||Metro FM Music Awards 9||Herself||Hos,t Awards Show|
|2007 – 2012||Live||Herself||Host, Music Show|
According to Reports