Closing Date: 09 November 2015
Location: Cape Town
Stipend: R1500 – R2000
YearBeyond is an exciting partnership between government, NGOs, business and young citizens. YearBeyond trains young people to serve as tutors and mentors in schools in Cape Town, while at the same time completing a range of self-development activities including:
- three short courses in Leadership and Development at Stellenbosch University
- a prestigious Social Innovation Challenge
- an intense self-development programme aimed at increasing volunteers’ navigational capacity
Volunteer are assigned to a primary or high school and spend every afternoon at their schools with their learners to deliver an academic programme and mentorship. Volunteers are provided transport from the YearBeyond office in Athlone to schools and from schools to a central public transport hub.
Volunteers receive a travel stipend to cover their costs of participation in the programme.
The position is full-time: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
We are looking for young people who fit the criteria below:
- 18 – 25 years old
- Living in Cape Town
- Matric grades: English (50%) and Maths (40%) OR Maths Literacy (50%)
- Go-getter who takes initiative!
How To Apply
Please apply at: http://www.yearbeyond.org.za/volunteer/applications/apply-now
We are holding the first round of interviews soon. Please apply by Monday 9 November to be eligible for an interview on Monday 16 or Wednesday 18 November. If you have any questions please email Jen at email@example.com or whatsapp 084 078 3429