Emzini Wezinsizwa actor Nyembezi Kunene died 57, and South Africa morns over his death. The veteran actor and director starred in soapies like Generations on SABC 1 before it became Generation: The Legacy.
South African actor Nyembezi Kunene, 57, has died…may your would rest in peace…😞 pic.twitter.com/x8u8HD5VjW
— Tshepo Moime (@TshepoM_E) June 5, 2016
He was well known as the security guard, Macingwane in the popular sitcom Emzini Wezinsizwa.
Rest in peace to this great actor, Nyembezi Kunene. pic.twitter.com/nHzryPnQfr
— mzwandile mbeje (@mzwaimbeje) June 5, 2016
He lives behind his wife and four children. Kunene’s son Manqoba describes his father: (courtesy of ENCA)
“He was a great man, and I think I’m speaking for all his children when I say that, he may have been a popular somebody when he was walking in the streets, But whenever he was home he always taught us to respect each other, love each other, work with each other, which is exactly what we are doing now.” He says “He would be so proud, so we have a legacy that’s so different from how South Africans perceive him, or how they have known him over the years. When he is home, he seats at his office, he writes all day, he loved his work, I mean I have never seen such dedication from one man. That’s the man he was, he was there whenever we needed him.”
He was last seen on SCANDAL on ETV!
- AKA dominates the African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) as a South African Nominee
- AKA with Empire’s Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson
- 10 Years in the Industry – Pearl Modiadie.
- Idols SA Judge Randall Abrahams quits his job at Universal Music South Africa.
- Klutch Kollective – Toya Delazy’s first South African female crew | The Single is out