SABC has earlier announced that there will be new channels to be launched – which are language-based. It has been said, the reason behind is to reach a broader diversity of the country, says the SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng – who also added that, South Africans have been complaining about lack of lingual and cultural representation in the South African Television.
He (Motsoeneng) says the channels will be grouped, – and will be grouped according to language groups. (Sotho, Nguni etc)
The Number of channels to be added have been estimated at 5.
He said there will be a ‘Sotho’ channel that caters for Sesotho and similar languages, like Setswana. “There will also be a Nguni channel that caters for Nguni languages, and so forth.”
Yes, channels will broadcast content in their respective grouped languages.
- etv’s MD – Monde Twala, Resigns!
- DJ Warras and Pearl Thusi to leave LIVE AMP
- The hit song “I love you daddy” singer, Ricardo Groenewald dies at 43, After a long illness. #RIPRicardoGroenewald
- Idols SA Finale: Performances to expect
- R Kelly releases Marching band Single from Buffet Album after Back Yard Party.