Finally – South Africa has it’s first all-female rap crew and boy am I proud.
South Africa has never had a rap crew of all and only females, Finally Toya Delazy has brought some changes in South Africa with their new Smashing hit – Back to the roots. (It’s now available to download in 24 hours the download link will be taken down)
The crew is called Klutch Kollective,
Toya Delazy teamed up with her former student mates from the University of Durban (D.K, Genius and Fiah) which in turn makes this a 4-member crew.
Toya Told YOU mag that “It’s a humbling experience to finally see Klutch Kollective come to fruition, I believe SA desperately needs a conscious hip-hop movement and I’m certain the collective voices of women will be able to achieve this.”
Latoya Buthelezi, who’s popularly known as Toya Delazy, says ‘Klutch’ is a slang word meaning ‘cool’
Here’s what you didn’t know about the other 3 Members (D.K, Genius and Fiah)
- Participated in the 2015 Vuzu Hustle reality competition
- Also Participated in the 2015 Vuzu Hustle reality competition
- participated in SA Idols (Top 100),
- SA Pop Stars (Top 48) all the way to Top 10
- Actress on Between Friends
- She’s the face of Ukhozi FM’s new campaign
- The voice behind SABC Encore’s hip-hop theme track
- AKA dominates the African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) as a South African Nominee
- AKA with Empire’s Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson
- South Africa morns Nyembezi Kunene, The Veteran actor director died 57
- 10 Years in the Industry – Pearl Modiadie.
- Idols SA Judge Randall Abrahams quits his job at Universal Music South Africa.