Distell presents exciting opportunities for candidates for potential placement in our Quality Department in Wadeville.
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study/have completed their studies and require exposure in a work environment or have a prerequisite to have practical work experience before qualification.
Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
This position will be based in Wadeville branch.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Services Manager.
Purpose of the Position
Support the Quality Function at the branch.
Key Learning Areas
• Perform accurate and timeous analyses on liquor samples
• Maintain laboratory equipment in area of responsibility
• Assist in maintaining the Quality Management system
• Perform admin duties
• Maintain SABS ISO 9002/HACCP documentation
• Assist in problem solving
• Assist with Quality audit in Warehouse
• Assist with monthly report to QC Controller of all pertinent QC matters arising during that month
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
• Final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree / diploma;
• Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint will be an advantage
• Sound communication and presentation skills
• Effective time management
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
• Ability to work in a team
• Willingness to travel and work after hours
• Driver’s License would be beneficial
Prospective interns must submit the following:
• Covering letter/ Motivational letter
• A curriculum vitae
• Certified academic record
• Certified copy of Grade 12
• A letter from the tertiary institution
• A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution
• Certified copies of Identity Document