- A lack of exercise is now causing as many deaths as smoking across the world, a study suggests
People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
- Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health.
- Laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bicycle.
- Sitting for more than three hours a day can cut two years off a person’s life expectancy.
- Over 30% of cancer could be prevented by avoiding tobacco and alcohol, having a healthy diet and physical activity
- Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy
Every cigarette you smoke reduces your expected life span by 11 minutes.
- 1 Can of Soda a day increases your chances of getting type 2 diabetes by 22%.
- There are more skin cancer cases due to indoor tanning than lung cancer cases due to smoking.
- McDonalds’ Caesar salad is more fattening than their hamburger.
- Exercise, like walking, can reduce breast cancer risk by 25%.
- A Father’s Diet Before Conception Plays a Crucial Role in a Child’s Health.
- Severe Depression can cause us to biologically age more by increasing the aging process in cells.
- Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago
- Heavy marijuana smokers are at risk for some of the same health effects as cigarette smokers, like bronchitis and other respiratory illnesses.
- Constipation-related health-care costs total US$6.9 billion per year in the U.S.
- On average, people who complain live longer. Releasing the tension increases immunity and boosts their health.
- 60% of people needing mental health services in the U.S. don’t get it, often because of the stigma of seeking help.
- The U.S. spends US$30 per American per year of foreign aid on health, which can buy enough measles vaccines for 120 children.
- The U.S. spends more money per person on healthcare than any other developed country, yet its life expectancy is below average.
- To study the health effects of coffee, King Gustav III of Sweden commuted the death sentences of a pair of twins on the condition that one drank 3 pots of coffee and the other tea for the rest of their lives.
- A half hour of physical activity 6 days a week is linked to 40% lower risk of early death.
- Bill Gates’ Foundation spends more on global health each year than the World Health Organization of the United Nations.
- Kissing someone for one minute burns about 2 calories.
- When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria.
Kissing someone is more sanitary than shaking hands, if you want to avoid a cold.
- Kissing can cause tooth decay.
- A beautiful face attracts more partners than a beautiful body, according to a scientific survey.
Couples who are in love synchronize their heart rates after gazing into each others’ eyes for three minutes.
Cuddling triggers the same neurological reaction as taking pain killers.
It’s scientifically proven: being in love makes you a less productive person.
When You Fall in Love You Lose Two Close Friends.
- Al Pacino was the first “face” on Facebook.
- One pint of donated blood can save up to 3 lives.
- A newborn baby has about one cup of blood in his body.
- It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
Only female mosquitoes drink blood Males are vegetarians
- The average human will yawn around 250,000 times over the course of his life
- A human baby has over 60 more bones than an adult.
- From birth to toilet training, a baby goes through an average of 8000 diaper changes.
- Babies are born with no bacteria in their bodies.
- Parents of new babies miss out on 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child’s life.
- Newborn babies can only see in black and white for a few months.
- Baby foreskins are commonly used in cosmetic treatments.
- As late as 1985, doctors believed babies didn’t feel pain and conducted surgeries with no anesthesia
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- It’s impossible to sneeze while sleeping
- Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan, as it’s viewed as exhaustion from working hard.
- Two actors have died playing Judas in live Biblical productions by accidentally hanging themselves for real during his death scene.